Exhibition 'Hanbok, Revisited' offers modern tastes on traditional Korean clothing
时间:2023-12-09 06:44:25 出处:부동산阅读（143）
Kim, 66, has endeavored to modernize hanbok and make it a fashionable choice for everyday wear. Her approach was to focus on the original essence and style of hanbok while seeking to give it a more modern feel.
Kim was inspired by the hanbok designs of the 1910s to the 1950s, a period when Western culture was introduced to Korea. Kim believes the hanbok forms from this period have comfortable designs that still resonate with contemporary fashion trends today.
Kim's exploration of hanbok extends to the way they are worn. Throughout the nine exhibits comprising a total of 30 pieces, primarily designed for women, Kim has reimagined underwear as outerwear, transformed men's pants into women's skirts and made variations on the necklines.
- Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
- 기세 올린 이재명 체제…이번엔 한동훈 겨냥 공세 집중
- Subsidiary expansion procedure for insurers overseas to be simplified: FSC
- S. Korea has 'no urgency' to cut key lending rate soon: IMF director
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- South Korean oil payments for Iran frozen again over Hamas links
- 대통령실 “UAE 대통령 방한 순연”…이스라엘·하마스 충돌 영향
- Lightsum's new album ‘Honey or Spice’ tickles tastebuds
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair